Chief Promoter for the proposed projectDate of Birth :
Nov.13th 1953Education :
B.Sc. Physics (Pune University, 1975)Work Experience :
- Worked as Scientific officer in BARC till 1989.
- Gathered full-fledged experience in all the branches of technology, physics of lasers.
- Published, along with other colleagues, more than 20 papers in international journals. Equal no of publications have been co-authored by him in Indian journals which are dedicated to latest contributions to Laser physics /technology.
- Has proven the limitations of the then prevailing laser gain/intensity calculations and estimation theory (Rigrod’ s theory). His propositions, perfectly fitting new additions which took into account all the laser parameters. And had no assumptions. Also this was proven practically also at BARC on high power CO2 Laser.
- Many similar root searching results were produced by him which not only helped Lasers in INDIA but also globally.
- He was awarded membership of Optical Society of America. In 1993 Appeared as a listed personality in “Who’s who in Science and Engineering” which was published for the first time as separate edition by well known “Marquis Who’s Who. (Est.1878) publisher.
- While in BARC Laser Div. working in the technology of TEA CO2 Lasers , his work was personally appreciated none other but by Dr Letokhov, Chang etc
- He was offered to join Albama University to work on CO2 lasers in group working on ultra compact CO2 laser for final use by NASA. Note: Jumped out of Sci Asstt grades to become Sci. Officer C, BARC, 1986 to 1990 (Class I Gazetted officer)
- The TEA CO2 laser developed by him in 1987 was producing highest single pulse power than reported anywhere for a given size of active discharge volume. Note :”Lumonics” make laser was utilizing 2.5 times longer discharge than this unit formed Scantech, Chembur, Mumbai 1990
- Manufactured first Indigenous Solid State Laser
- First Laser was used for Drilling 10 micron blind holes in diamond
- Holds Indian Patent for Solid State Laser Head.
- Scantech was awarded “Import substitution Award” in 1998, Rahul Bajaj presented the award.
- After establishing Scantech, in less than two years period, the import content of a complete laser produced by Scantech, was reduced to 10% from 40% of the first laser.